VICAR OF ST MARY’S
We are seeking to appoint a Vicar to St Mary’s who will lead this cathedral-like, city-centre church into a new season of significant spiritual and numerical growth, building on the foundations already laid. The successful applicant will have exceptional relational and teaching gifts to strengthen and equip the current worshipping community. Our new vicar will inspire us to connect with those across Nottingham City centre and beyond who would welcome the opportunity to worship and serve in an Anglican church community founded on traditional liturgy, excellence in music and inspiring teaching.
We can offer a modern four-bedroom vicarage in a quiet residential area near the centre of Nottingham, with good local schools, hospitals, shops, recreational facilities and the amenities of a large city centre.
To find out more, please read our parish profile: https://www.stmarysnottingham.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/St-Marys-Parish-Profile_v7.pdf
To apply, visit https://pathways.churchofengland.org/job/pathways/3969/vicar-of-st-mary-the-virgin-in-the-lace-market-nottingham
We are praying for someone who:
- is an effective communicator able to explain and live out their faith confidently, with a proven track record of inspiring and encouraging others to grow in their discipleship and deepen their faith
- is committed to our Anglican choral tradition and liturgy
- has a transformational leadership and management style, able to work collegiately with a supportive team of paid staff and volunteers
- has a successful record of parish leadership demonstrating an ability to attract new members and increase giving towards the mission of the church
- has the ability to engage with civic/community leaders and groups
- will contribute into the diocesan strategy of growing disciples as a significant leader of a resourcing church in a civic context that is in receipt of Church Commissioners funding
Closing date: 4 June 2023
Interviews: 5 & 6 July 2023