St Mary’s operates on different hours during the post-Easter break than normal, partly because it’s Easter-tide and partly because the Choir is on a well-earned break.
The resulting changes to the ‘usual’ calendar are accordingly rather extensive!
Firstly: Service Time Changes
- There are no week-day services from Monday April 2nd to Saturday April 7th inclusive. Practically, this means that there are no day-time Communion services on Wednesday 4th or Thursday 5th April. There is also no evening service of any kind on Wednesday 4th.
- There will be a morning Eucharist as normal on Sunday 8th April at 10:45am, but the usual Evensong will be replaced with a service of Evening Prayer at 6:30pm
- In the following week, the normal day-time communion services resume: so the 8:30am on Wednesday 11th and the 1:15pm on Thursday 12th will take place. The Evensong you’d usually expect on the evening of Wednesday 11th will, however, once more be replaced by a service of Evening Prayer.
- Sunday 15th April sees the resumption of normal services. so there will be a sung Eucharist in the morning at 10:45am and a choral Evensong at 6.30pm.
Secondly, Visiting Hours Changes:
The Church remains open to visitors throughout the week of April 2nd to 7th, but with different hours from normal, as follows:
- On Monday 2nd April, we open 11am to 3pm (instead of the usual 10am to 3pm).
- On Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th, we open the usual 10am to 3pm.
- On Thursday 5th, we open 11am to 3pm
- On both Friday 6th and Saturday 7th, we again open for the usual 10am to 3pm hours.
Visiting hours revert to their standard 10am to 3pm from April 16th onwards.