The church is delighted to offer an organ scholarship each year to a talented student in secondary or tertiary education or undertaking a gap year before or after university. The duties of the scholar include:-
- Accompanying the choir and playing the church’s two organs in regular weekly services
- Assisting the Director of Music and Assistant Director of Music in running the busy musical life of St Mary’s
- Concert and recital opportunities
The Scholarship package includes:-
- An annual stipend of £1,000 (paid termly)
- Musical direction and lessons by the Director of Music
- Additional lessons and masterclasses
The scholarship terms and conditions can be found here.
Where the successful applicant is a student at the University of Nottingham, the scholarship is combined with the Barber Organ Scholarship, providing a supplemental stipend and duties as required on campus with the Department of Music and Chaplaincy. For more information regarding the Barber Organ Scholarship please see https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/humanities/documents/music/barber-organ-scholarship-2020.pdf.
This position is currently occupied, but applications for the academic year 2021/22 are welcome.