Welcome to the website of the Friends of St Mary's, Nottingham. Please visit the combined parishes website for information about St Mary's, St Peter's and All Saints churches at www.nottinghamchurches.org
St Mary's is the oldest parish in Nottingham. It is mentioned in the Domesday Book and is believed to go back deep into Saxon times. The main body of the present building (at least the third on the site) dates from the end of the reign of Edward III (1377) to that of Henry VII (1485-1509). The entire nave was finished before 1475 and it is notable for its uniformity of style.
St Mary's has a wide ministry to many different groups. As well as its civic status it is also the University church for the University of Nottingham and several schools and organisations hold annual services here. In addition to its function as a place of worship, St Mary's is the venue for a wide range of concerts and public performances.